Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Who's In Charge*

One of the key principles in psychology is that intellect rules over emotion in mentally healthy people. The three conditions when emotion rules over intellect are mental health disorders, substance abuse and adolescence. This makes adolescence a normal period of psychosis, which any parent will confirm. The other two conditions account for the vast majority of the material for the TV show Cops.