Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Living on Purpose*

Philosophers throughout history have struggled with the role of purpose in our lives. Although there are a mountain of self-help books about living a life of purpose, many of them sound more like a life of self-importance. In the following quote, Joseph Campbell questions the need for deep meaning in every aspect of our lives. “I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.”