Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Just Say Yes*

In the new member orientation for Rotary they said it’s customary to say “yes” whenever asked to help or volunteer. It gave me pause because I am used to organizations that abandon volunteers to do everything themselves. Later I realized that the “say yes” rule also ensures that volunteers can count on other members for help, making it easier to say "yes" in the first place.