Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

The Printing Press*

The printing press was one of the most important advances in the development of our current society. The creation of new knowledge accelerated dramatically because existing knowledge could be more widely distributed. The Internet has transformed computers the same way the printing press transformed paper, and brings an interactive capability we are just beginning to explore. Guttenberg could never have imagined the impact of his printing press on the last five centuries. I doubt we can envision the impact of the Internet on even the next decade.