Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Lottery Bailout*

Imagine your state lottery goes bankrupt and the government uses taxpayer money to help pay the winner. Do you feel outraged, cheated and a little confused? Buried in the recent economic bailouts is a scenario that looks surprisingly similar. AIG sold Naked Credit Default Swaps which allowed investors to place bets on all kinds of securities that they didn’t own, and the American taxpayer helped pay them off. Here’s a link to an article that explains in more detail. The Real Crime in the Bailout