Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

The Good Life*

In France full time employees are guaranteed 5 weeks of vacation and a maximum work week of 35 hours by law. The French turned the increased productivity provided by modern technology into more leisure time. On the other hand, Americans continue to work long hours and turned the increased productivity into higher incomes and increased purchasing power. One wonders who has the better deal.