Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Bluffing*

Some experts suspected that Saddam Hussein resisted attempts to prove Iraq didn’t have weapons of mass destruction because he was afraid it would invite an attack by Iran. He admitted as much during his interrogation. How often, in our own daily lives, do we misinterpret the posturing and actions of others because we assume it is directed toward us?