Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Good Ideas*

When I began my marketing career one of the first axioms I heard was, “Good ideas can come from anywhere.” Not long after struggling to find good ideas to drive our business I reworded that axiom to state, “Good ideas have to come from somewhere.” The first axiom insinuates that good ideas will appear without planning and effort. The second axiom recognizes that good ideas are the product of clearly defined insights and hard work.