Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Sick Irony*

An outbreak of swine flu occurred simultaneously in pigs at the Minnesota State Fair and a group of children housed in a dormitory on the fairgrounds. Officials wonder if the pigs infected the kids or visa versa. It seems that globetrotting humans spread illnesses much more quickly than penned up livestock and that our taste for pork may not be our only threat to pigs. New York Times Article