Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Alternate Reality

I went to the grocery store today and when I arrived at the register they asked me if I wanted paper or plastic bags. It took me by surprise because we always have to bag our own groceries at this store. When I inquired about the change the checkout person said that the “big bosses” were in the store and they liked to see customers getting their groceries bagged. She lamented that the bosses had been there for hours and she wished they would leave so they could get back to normal.