Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

WHAM*

I was talking with the division president of a company that had just been acquired. He told me that he had finally discovered the basic principle that rules all organizational change...WHAM. I raced through my memory looking for any recollection of the acronym but came up blank. When I asked what it stood for he said "WHat About Me"...everyone wants to know how the change will impact them before they worry about anything else.
From June 2003 Caravela Update