Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

He Grew Out Of It*

My son was born ten weeks premature so we were told he would have developmental delays. When he was eight, a neuropsychological assessment indicated he would struggle with math. Last year, he failed seventh grade math so he had to repeat the class. About two months into this school year he told us that he would like to move up to eighth grade math. We put together a plan to help him, hoping he would not be devastated if he failed. In three weeks he has completely caught up with no help from me or the teacher. We're still scratching our heads.