Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Mastery*

People become famous when they accomplish something extraordinary but we rarely see the effort required to develop their talents. Mozart’s genius wasn’t that he could write a beautiful symphony in his early twenties but that he could write a symphony at all when he was eleven. It still took him a decade to do it brilliantly.

“Unlike reality TV, there is no overnight success." Spike Lee