Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Tell Me A Story

A longtime acquaintance spoke to my business class about his highly successful design and branding firm. He gave a thoughtful presentation on his passion for the business and the lessons he learned along the way. At his request, I asked the students how they liked his presentation and they responded positively enough. When I asked what he could do differently someone said, "more stories," and the class heartily expressed their agreement. It was clear that the lessons contained in the stories he told were by far the most impactful.