Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

2500 Years*

The riots in Athens continue as members of the anarchist movement react to the shooting of a teenager by police. They would like to see the current government overthrown because of its corruption and inability to resolve economic issues. Athens is the birthplace of democracy, which means they’ve been at it for about 2500 years. One wonders how long it takes to get it right. In the end, maybe it’s not the form of government but the quality of leadership that matters.