Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Letter to The President Elect*

As an undergrad in the 1970’s, I worked in a lab filled with graduate students doing renewable fuels research. Then the oil markets improved, and the research stopped. The recent decline in oil prices could cause us to repeat that scenario but the situation has changed. The world oil supply is half gone, global demand is fifty percent higher and our ecology won’t survive the use of the remaining reserves. I wish I had some brilliant ideas or easy answers. I don’t. I hope the President Elect retains his commitment to a future-oriented energy policy. I will help others understand the need to support these efforts. Sent to Obama's team via change.gov.