Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Face to Face*

There’s an ongoing debate about the impact of social media on relationships. During a report at our church business meeting by our youth group about a regional youth retreat one of the adults asked how many of the kids from the other churches they knew. The girl said, "All of them." She must have noticed the quizzical looks from the other adults because she quickly followed up with, “We met them all on Facebook before the retreat." Sounds good me.