Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

Now Go Home

It is very easy to get a student visa to study in the U. S. and very hard to get a work visa to stay after graduation. Many people criticize this policy because we are creating global competition for our technology sectors by educating people from other countries and then forcing them to go home. It is noteworthy that China recently surpassed the U.S. in supercomputer technology. NY Times Article