Wandering Into Wisdom

This blog chronicles the knowledge, insight and wisdom I encounter every day as a leadership consultant, executive coach, educator, father, friend and citizen. This site is dedicated to my father, Louis (Jack) Laughlin, who passed on to me an appreciation for wisdom. A special thanks to my friend Isaac Cheifetz, a businessman and journalist, who helped me understand the value of blogs and encouraged me to write one.

It's My Honor*

In our effort to fairly compensate others we can lose sight of opportunities to honor them. We pay a modest “honorarium” to guest speakers where I teach. Many of the speakers for my business class are highly successful, highly compensated people. I still make sure they each get a check because I want to honor their contribution, even though I can’t sufficiently compensate them. I also try to graciously receive what people offer me, even for things I’m willing to do for nothing.